Our neurophysiotherapy can help you re-establish the physical skills needed for active participation in everyday life, regardless of your age or how long you have had the disability.
Our highly skilled neurological physiotherapy team have many years of experience treating a wide variety of neurological conditions. The team is led by Christine Barber, Bobath tutor and therapist, who is internationally recognised as a leading expert in cerebral palsy in adult life.
We specialise in treatment for people with:
- acquired neurological conditions such as stroke or head injury, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury (incomplete) and Parkinson’s.
- neuro-developmental conditions, such as cerebral palsy.
During treatment, we:
- work with you to improve your ability to function in everyday life.
- analyse what is limiting your activity in different situations and provide appropriate therapy.
- advise you on home activities.
- help to minimise the potential secondary effects of your condition.
- work with you to show you ways to better manage your condition.
- advise on equipment that may be of assistance to you.
- recommend ways in which you can improve or maintain your fitness.